July 27, 2020
NPSL 2020 Fall Season Update
NPSL Coaches and Clubs,
The Operations Committee for the NPSL is finalizing plans for the 2020 Fall Season and sends you this update.
We are planning to run a fall season assuming that King, Pierce and Snohomish counties will have entered Phase 3. We will need to be sure that all 3 counties have been in phase 3 at least 2 weeks in order to provide sufficient time for full team training prior to competition. We are looking to start games as planned the weekend of September 12 &13, but acknowledge that scheduling for the season may need to be revised depending on how things go.
Please register your teams by August 13th and mark your calendar for the placement meeting via Zoom on August 20th at 6:30 pm. The link for the meeting will be posted on the web site.
Due to the COVID pandemic, the NPSL season will look a bit different this year.
· Since the WIAA high school girl’s season has been shifted to the spring, the NPSL high school girls’ season will run in the fall with the rest of the teams.
· Spectators will not be allowed at the games — only players, coaches, team managers and match officials. This limitation is necessary in order for matches to go forward in compliance with the Phase 3 guidelines.
· All Clubs must submit a clearly identified Club communication point of contact for COVID issues to the NPSL, including direct phone and email contact information. We will enforce this requirement in order for a Club’s teams to be scheduled.
· Player passes are likely to be banned this year to reduce cross team contact. Details on this are still pending and we will be updating the player pass policy accordingly.
· Teams will be on opposite sides of the fields from each other to allow for better social distancing.
Further guidance for league and game operations may be forthcoming as additional information is gathered from the State, WYS and to align best practices between NPSL and the RCL.
Please watch the website and keep an eye out for further updates via e-mail.
We look forward to serving the players, coaches, clubs and our extended NPSL soccer family this fall putting safety as the top priority. We are going to need your cooperation and flexibility in the weeks and months ahead.
There are two NPSL Board of Director positions up for election this year. Phil Herold and Kyle Rodeheaver have indicated willingness to continue to serve for another two year-term and their candidate statements will be posted on the web site. If there are others who wish to run in the election for these two positions, please submit a candidate statement by July 31st.
on behalf of the NPSL Operations Committee